Monday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Joint Replacement Manuals
These manuals have been written to give added insight into the process of having a joint replacement and to serve as an ‘owner’s manual’ for your joint replacement afterwards.
- Simple details about the scheduling and preparation needed before surgery
- Information on what to expect after surgery
- The “Do’s and Don’ts” after surgery
- A discussion of potential complications
- Details on resuming normal activities
- Contact information
These manuals are intended to educate and anticipate your questions and hopefully alleviate any “fear of the unknown” for patients.
Click on the pdf file link to bring up each manual.
Note: These files are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe® Reader® on your computer, you can download it for free by clicking on the red Adobe Reader icon.
Professional and Educational Sites
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons – http://www.aahks.org/
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons – http://www.aaos.org/
- American Association of Physician Assistants – http://www.aapa.org/
- Arthritis Foundation – http://www.arthritis.org/
Search Engines and Journals
- Medline Plus-Bones, Joints and Muscle information – http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/bonesjointsandmuscles.html
- Edheads – http://www.edheads.org/ – A fun and informative site offering an interactive virtual surgery of hip replacement and knee replacement. You can ‘perform’ the surgery in an animated environment.
- Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery – http://www.ejbjs.org/
- Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research – http://www.corronline.com/
- Journal of Arthroplasty – http://www.arthroplastyjournal.org/
- Journal of the American Medical Association – https://jamanetwork.com/
- National Library of Medicine – http://www.nlm.nih.gov/
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) – http://www.nih.gov/
- Biomet, Inc. – Biomet, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of products for hip replacement, knee replacement, shoulder replacement, elbow replacement, and other small joint replacement.
- ConforMIS, Inc – This knee replacement company has brought to market new digital imaging AND manufacturing technology that allows a total knee (or partial knee) replacement to be custom made to exactly replicate the patient’s anatomic surfaces and more closely match the mechanics of motion of one’s knee- an implant unique to each patient.
- Depuy – Designer, manufacturer and distributor of orthopaedic devices, trauma products, implants and technologies for hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, wrists, …
- Hyalgan – HYALGAN – For the treatment of osteoarthritis knee pain, Keep on moving with HYALGAN.
- Smith & Nephew – Research, development, manufacturing and marketing of devices and products for the fields of orthopaedics, wound management and endoscopy.
- Stryker – Stryker manufactures spine implants, hip knee replacement surgery, trauma, pain products, surgical navigation, endoscopy, hospital stretchers, …
- Synvisc – Talk to your doctor or knee pain specialist about SYNVISC®. Just one course of therapy … SYNVISC is used to relieve knee pain due to osteoarthritis (OA).
- WMT – Wright Medical Technologies…
- Zimmer – Manufacturer of orthopedic products and instruments. Includes detailed company profile, product and service specifications for medical professionals, …
*Expect these to be biased to promote the sale of their products