Meet Dr. Newbern
D. Gordon Newbern, M.D.
Dr. Newbern earned his medical degree from the University of Arkansas School of Medicine in 1986. His post-graduate training included an internship and orthopaedics residency at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington, D.C. and a fellowship in adult reconstructive surgery (hip and knee arthroplasty) in Mooresville, Indiana.
Dr. Newbern is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
Most of Dr. Newbern's procedures are performed at St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center which is the highest volume joint replacement hospital in the state and is the only hospital to earn the highest 'Five Star' rating from Health Grades for having the best outcomes and fewest complications in orthopedics for six years running. Joint replacement patients at St. Vincent's also benefit from attending the Joint Academy program which helps prepare patients for all aspects of the joint replacement experience.
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Arkansas Medical Society
- Pulaski County Medical Society
- Southern Medical Association
- St. Vincent Infirmary, Little Rock
- St. Vincent Doctors, Little Rock
- Baptist Medical Center, Springhill / North Little Rock
- Baptist Medical Center, Little Rock (consulting)
Note: These files are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe® Reader® on your computer, you can download it for free by clicking here or on the Get Adobe Reader icon.